Jake Freivald, a Cornell University graduate with a degree in Electrical Engineering, has lived in West Orange since 1997 with his wife Sue and their nine children.
He is vice president of corporate marketing for a large software company, managing multi-million-dollar budgets for branding, marketing communications, web marketing, event planning and direct marketing. He has held managerial positions with Andersen Consulting and the Prudential Life Insurance Company of America, and he served in the U.S. Marine Corps as a Signals Intelligence Officer.
- Jake is a commissioner of the West Orange Public Relations Commission, where he has contributed to the West Orange Outlook and worked on the town picnic.
- He served as campaign manager of Joe Krakoviak’s successful election campaign in November 2010.
- He is a trustee and webmaster for Parents Advocating for Special Services in Education (PASSE).
- He is on the development committee for The Children’s Institute, a special-needs school in Verona that serves many West Orange students.
- He participates in many of his children’s activities, such as Scouting, and at church, including as leader of the Pre-Cana program for engaged couples, a lector, and choir member.